Upcoming Educational Opportunities:
- SARE 2018 Conference: Our Farms, Our Future. All conference materials available as video, podcasts, and posters.
- ATTRA Tutorials – self-guided and comprehensive multi-lesson tutorials in Scaling Up for Regional Markets, Pest Management, Farm Business Planning & Marketing for Beginnners, and Getting Started in Farming.
- USDA Science & Technology Training Library – contains hundreds of archived webinars on Bioenergy, Conservation, Forestry, and Sustainable Forests. Lists of upcoming webinars are also available on the site.
- Farmer-to-Farmer Podcast with Chris Blanchard. "Chris is a veteran farmer and educator who draws on over 25 years of experience to get at the big ideas and practical details that go into making a farm work. Whether his guests are discussing employment philosophy or the best techniques for cultivating carrots, his down-to-earth conversations with experienced farmers - and the occasional non-farmer - will be time well spent."
- Summaries of presentations at the 2016 Organic Agriculture Research Symposium are now available online at http://eorganic.info/node/16778. Many of the workshops and keynote presentations were recorded live and may be viewed via the eOrganic YouTube channel.
- Recorded presentations and associated materials from the Bionutrient Association's Soil & Nutrition Conferences over the past several years. Too many well-known names to list, connecting the dots between healthy soils, healthy people, and a healthy planet.
- Videos and presentations from the 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops and Soil Health sessions are now available.
Central Michigan Seed Swap: February 24
On Saturday Feb 24 Small House Farm will be hosting the 8th annual Central MIchigan Seed Swap
at Bullock Creek High School in Midland. With over 1000 attendees from across the Midwest, this event has quickly become Michigan's largest seed swap! This year's event will feature a keynote presentation from historian and author David Shields who will be speaking about rare, lost and historical food plants of the Midwest. David will also be sharing stories from his 2023 book, 'The Ark Of Taste'. This is a free admission event with seed vendors, story tellers, educational workshops and much more!
Michigan Family Farms Conference: March 9
The Michigan Family Farms Conference
is more than just a conference. Year after year, farmers, educators, and food system professionals gather to network, learn, and share resources and experiences. We also come together to celebrate diversity, expand our knowledge of sustainable agriculture, and strengthen the supportive network of farmers that we know is essential for building resilient farms.
The Michigan Family Farms Conference offers beginning, small-scale, and culturally diverse farmers a chance to network, learn, and build sustainable family farms. It is an energizing, hands-on event featuring multiple tracks of breakout sessions plus a youth track to engage the whole family.
For more information or if you have any questions about the event, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 680-0554.