Upcoming Educational Opportunities:
- June 1 – November 9 – OEFFA Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series, OH
- July 15 – Keeping Outside the Box, Jackson, MI
- September 8 – LTAR – Healthier Soils, Improved Biodiversity, More Profit, Hickory Corners, MI
- September 30 – Tree Crop Autumn Harvest, Lawton, MI
- SARE 2018 Conference: Our Farms, Our Future. All conference materials available as video, podcasts, and posters.
- ATTRA Tutorials – self-guided and comprehensive multi-lesson tutorials in Scaling Up for Regional Markets, Pest Management, Farm Business Planning & Marketing for Beginnners, and Getting Started in Farming.
- USDA Science & Technology Training Library – contains hundreds of archived webinars on Bioenergy, Conservation, Forestry, and Sustainable Forests. Lists of upcoming webinars are also available on the site.
- Farmer-to-Farmer Podcast with Chris Blanchard. "Chris is a veteran farmer and educator who draws on over 25 years of experience to get at the big ideas and practical details that go into making a farm work. Whether his guests are discussing employment philosophy or the best techniques for cultivating carrots, his down-to-earth conversations with experienced farmers - and the occasional non-farmer - will be time well spent."
- Summaries of presentations at the 2016 Organic Agriculture Research Symposium are now available online at http://eorganic.info/node/16778. Many of the workshops and keynote presentations were recorded live and may be viewed via the eOrganic YouTube channel.
- Recorded presentations and associated materials from the Bionutrient Association's Soil & Nutrition Conferences over the past several years. Too many well-known names to list, connecting the dots between healthy soils, healthy people, and a healthy planet.
- Videos and presentations from the 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops and Soil Health sessions are now available.
OEFFA Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series
Get a taste of the farm this summer with farm tours and workshops!
Featuring 13 organic and sustainable farms and businesses, the 2023 OEFFA Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series opens the door for farmers, educators, and eaters to learn about agriculture and local foods on the farm. The series also includes a number of workshops and special events, ranging from exploring farmers’ markets to learning how to make jam.
Central Michigan Seed Swap: February 25
The 7th annual Central Michigan Seed Swap will be happening on Saturday February 25th, 11am – 4 pm. At the Chippewa Nature Center, 400 S Badour Rd, Midland. Admission is free. You do not need to bring seeds to participate in the seed swap. Community tables will have free seed while several vendors will also be attending. There will also be Educational sessions. Find more info here.
- Designing Your Landscape with Native Plants w/ Martha Holzheuer
- Soil Should Not Be Treated Like Dirt w/ Chuck Martin
- Grow Your Best Veggie Garden w/ Karen Golden