Growing Hope is seeking a Kitchen & Food Hub Coordinator. Growing Hope, located in Ypsilanti, MI, is a 15-year-old non-profit organization dedicated to empowering individuals, groups and communities through gardening and increasing access to healthy food.
We are seeking a highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented person with impeccable follow through and self-management as a Kitchen & Food Hub Coordinator for Growing Hope. This person will initially work 20 hours/week with intent to grow to at least 32 hours/week as of May 2018.
- Work closely with the Interim Director of Operations to coordinate rentals of the commercial kitchen in the Robert C. Barnes Sr. MarketPlace Hall in downtown Ypsilanti, including regular use by one or more anchor tenants.
- Work with the Marketing & Events team to promote rentals of the kitchen to local food entrepreneurs and as an add-on to event rentals of the MarketPlace Hall.
- Promote and oversee rental of produce cooler and wellness programming.
- Work with entrepreneurs, farmers, and small business owners to coordinate facility rentals.
Qualified candidates will exhibit the following:
- Minimum high school degree and two years experience working in commercial kitchen
- ServSave certified or willingness to become certified within 30 days of hire
- Experience with complex scheduling projects
- Willingness to jump in, learn quickly, and self manage
- Self-motivated to build the business of renting the kitchen to potential clients
- Commitment to maintaining a clean shared environment and a positive customer experience
- Ability to function both independently and as an active team member
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written; comfort communicating with new people on the phone, over email, in person
- Highly competent in use of computers (Mac & PC both) and comfort using technology
- Previous customer service experience & professional demeanor
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Experience in event planning and management
- Familiarity with the philosophies of and issues faced by nonprofit and community-based organizations
- Passion for Growing Hope’s mission and work
- Willingness to adapt to changing organizational conditions
- Creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and positive thinking
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings, including evening and weekends as scheduled
- Some preference given to Ypsilanti-area residents or those willing to relocate to and engage in the Ypsilanti community
$15 per hour for approximately 20 hours per week to start. Note: This position will be part time with the intent to increase hours to at least 32 hours per week starting in May 2018; if that occurs, Medical, Vision, Dental and Life insurance are available after 60 days from original date of hire.
To apply: Submit resume & 1 page cover letter, complete with professional reference contact information to Maria Brummel, Interim Director of Operations at email@example.com. A portfolio of past events or referrals is welcome. Application materials due by Friday, February 9th at 5pm. Start date early March.