December 3, 2015 @ 10:11 PM
The Greater Lansing Food Bank has an opening for a Plant Propagation Intern, to produce vegetable seedlings in a greenhouse for the Greater Lansing Food Bank’s Garden Project and Lansing Roots Farm programs during the spring semester. Includes a stipend of up to $500. Seedlings grown by the intern will contribute to the more than 23,000 plant starts typically given to community gardeners, home gardeners, school and church gardens and other garden entities each year at the Garden Project.
Qualifications for the position include an academic background in Horticulture, Botany, or a related field, and experience growing plants from seed.
For more information, please see the job description. To apply, send resume and cover ...
December 3, 2015 @ 10:02 PM
The Greater Lansing Food Bank has an opening for a Garden Project intern, approximately 10 hours per week for the spring semester. Duties may include:
- Researching and updating educational, outreach and resource materials
- Publicizing and supporting local garden efforts through social media, gardener profiles, andassisting with workshops and events
- Assisting with GP Resource Center to organize and distribute materials and plan for and maintain our educational Demonstration Garden
- Supporting volunteer efforts as well as increasing efficiencies within the greater program
- Garden season site preparations (independently and with staff/volunteers) as weather allows
For more information, please see the job description. To apply,...