Good Neighbor Farm, located at 4400 Pontiac Trail, Ann Arbor, is looking for a seasonal full-time farm hand.
Our full-time farm hand will work alongside and separately from Seth and Caroline to carry out the wide range of day-to-day tasks associated with the production and sales of our produce including but not limited to: harvesting, nursery seeding, hoop house pruning and trellising, weeding, cleaning and organizing, groundskeeping, CSA distribution, and farmers market sales. They report to Seth and Caroline.
- Hard worker.
- At least one full growing season of experience working on a vegetable farm as an intern or crew member is preferred.
- An interest in small-scale organic farming.
- The ability to wake up early and be prepared, focused, and on time for physical and mental work.
- The ability to listen, take direction, and process feedback.
- The ability to work efficiently alone, one-on-one, or in a team.
- The ability to maintain speed and precision while working in challenging weather conditions (within reason).
- The ability to squat, kneel, and stand safely for periods of time while doing tasks.
- Clear verbal communication.
- The ability to carry up to 40 pounds for short periods of time.
- Dependable transportation to work.
- Customer Service experience.
Weekly schedule, hours, and compensation:
- Position starts June 6th and runs through the end of August. There may be opportunities for part-time work before and after this time frame.
- 40 hours/week based on seasonal need and market schedule.
- The farm hand will be required to work full days Monday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday scheduling will depend on Farmers Markets.
- Pay starts at $14.00/hour.
Application process: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 15th, 2022. We will then reach out to communicate if we would like to schedule an in-person interview. Applications will be reviewed and decided by May 22nd.