13 Jun 2012
National Organic Coalition
Call Your Senators to Protect
Organic Certification Cost Share Program
Senator Toomey has introduced an amendment in the Senate Farm Bill that would strike out the National Organic Certification Cost Share Program
Find your senators here or
Call the Senate switchboard and they'll connect you: (202) 224-3121.
Here's the Message:
"Please vote NO on the Toomey Amendment #2217 which would kill the National Organic Certification Cost Share Program."
This program is important for all organic farmers, and:
- Keeps organic production in the United States -- meeting strong US consumer demand for organic with US organic product
- Keeps a diversity of farms certifying
- Maintains organic certification as a gateway to the market, as farmers grow beyond direct sales
- Encourages new entry into certified organic
- Encourages processors to certify and grow their organic production, providing Value-Added processing infrastructure for farmers